Position Title: Case Manager/Housing Navigator
Reports to: Director of Client Relations
Hours: Full time, 40 hours weekly
Benefits: Non-exempt position with paid time off
Salary range: $16-$24 hourly, depending on experience
Position Summary: The Case Manager is responsible for assessing the needs of our guest families, creating household stabilization plans, housing portfolios and developing/maintaining relationships with agencies and community organizations to help our guests regain and retain housing. The work week is divided between our Day Center in Tualatin, our motel site and working remotely from home. A strong ability to work autonomously is required. Being bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
● Conduct intake interviews and screen the needs of referrals. Determine if they are good
candidates for the FPTV program. If so, enroll into program and if not, provide community resource referrals.
● Develop and maintain relationships and collaboration with local social service agencies, property managers, and employers.
● Orient guests on FPTV protocols and responsibilities at motel sites.
● Develop individual family case plans with the goal of securing sustainable housing and securing or maintaining employment. Identify tasks that will help the guests reach their goals and empower them to succeed.
● Assist guests with social service needs, referring to the proper agencies, and advocating with agencies as required.
● Support families as they advocate for their children at the school level.
● Schedule guest program training as necessary, i.e., financial literacy, parenting skills, etc.
● Meet with guests two to three times per week to monitor progress. Maintain confidential records of guests’ needs and progress.
● Maintain confidential records of guest interactions and input guest data into HMIS and FPTV databases.
● Participate in weekly case conferencing with FPTV team.
● Provide up to six months of post graduation support to program participants.
DAY CENTER OPERATIONS
● Share in operational tasks of Day Center, i.e., opening and closing, cleaning, telephone coverage, etc.
● Participate in staff meetings, meetings with Host and Volunteer Coordinators, training sessions, and special events as required.
● Represent FPTV at community meetings and events when requested.
● Help to provide hospitality as needed to guests.
● Assist Executive Director as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● A Bachelor’s in social work, psychology or related human services field or equivalent work experience.
● 2 years of experience working in a social service agency with case management experience is preferred.
● Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness highly desirable. Skills Required
● Strong computer skills and ability to learn computer programs and systems and operate Microsoft Office Suite programs and Google based programs.
● Knowledge of local social service resources is desirable.
● Excellent communication skills and ability to work autonomously.
● Strong active listening skills and ability to respond with empathy.
● Good planning and organization skills coupled with flexibility.
● Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work through distractions and sometimes
emotionally charged situations.
● Proven counseling/problem solving skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of
people; ability to develop a comfortable, trusting relationship with guests.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
● A reliable vehicle and an active Oregon driver’s license is required.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Sitting for extended periods of time at a computer station.
● Answering/speaking on phones throughout the day.
● Lifting and carrying lightweight supplies and equipment (occurs infrequently.)
● Lifting and carrying medium weight supplies and equipment (occurs seldom to often.)● Able to work with some workplace distractions.
● Ability to provide mostly contactless case management to a wide range of clients in a motel setting.
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Note: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements. This job description does not create an employment contract.