Drive In, Sleep Out!
Saturday, June 1 (5 p.m.) to Sunday, June 2 (7 a.m.)
A FUNDRAISER BENEFITING LOCAL HOMELESS CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES
Tualatin Elementary, 20405 SW 95th Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062
Click Here to Create Your Personal Fundraiser Where Friends and Family Can Support Your Efforts for FPTV!
How well would you sleep in your car at night?
Team up with your friends and family and ask them to join you or sponsor you for an overnight stay in your car to get a small glimpse into what it’s like to use your car for shelter. We’d really get revved up if participants helped us by setting a pledge goal and then reaching out to friends and family to raise money for this great cause. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under, and children 3 and under are free; fundraising as a team is encouraged, and the team that raises the most money will receive breakfast delivered to their car!
The event includes a parking spot, a barbeque dinner, live music, a raffle, and an indoor family-friendly movie (details below). A light breakfast will be served Sunday morning.
This is a fundraiser like no other, and with your support, we’ll cross the finish line together! The earnings will provide HOPE to families in need.
• Last year alone, nearly 300 children in the Tigard- Tualatin, Lake Oswego and Sherwood school districts were affected by housing instability, slept in their cars or found themselves without any shelter at all.
• Washington County and Clackamas County have over 100 families on their homeless family shelter waitlists at any given time.
• Oregon children experiencing homelessness score about 28% lower on reading scores.
• Graduation rates of homeless children in Oregon is 50.6%.
• Let’s get these kids and families into safe housing!
Schedule of Events (Rain or Shine)
STAYING OVERNIGHT? BE SURE TO BRING BLANKETS, SLEEPING BAGS, FLASHLIGHTS AND WATER BOTTLES
Schedule for Saturday night, June 1:
5:00-5:30 Check in, lawn games begin, info booths and raffle ticket sales open
5:15-6:00 Live music by SoundCheck (awesome family-friendly classic rock—bring your dancing shoes!)
6:15-7:00 BBQ served
6:20-7:00 SoundCheck’s second set
7:15-7:45 All gather in the gym for the program and raffle winners announcement
8:00-9:40 Family-friendly movie with popcorn (chairs provided or bring your blankets!)
10:00 Lights out!
Sunday, June 2
6:15 a.m. Light breakfast served along with plenty of coffee
7:00 Event ends
Thank You to Our Sponsors